NSW ATASDA meetings are held at Epping Creative Centre 26 Stanley Rd, Epping, NSW.
- Doors open at 10am and the day ends around 3pm.
- Please bring your own food and drink. Hot water is available for tea and coffee.
- Why not come to the next meeting? Visitors welcome!
- It is appreciated but not essential to register to attend
Activities at all meetings:
- Access to the extensive Library for Members to browse, borrow & return books
- Members are encouraged to bring items to Show & Tell. Works in progress are welcome. Creativity is contagious!
- Find out about Workshops and Textile Tasters
New Members and guests please sign in at the Welcome Table on arrival and talk to the welcome team.
There are two types of meetings:
NSW Branch meetings
Branch meetings provide the opportunity to hear guest speakers, be informed about events in the textile and surface design world, catch up with what is happening within the branch, share work samples and engage in general discussion with like-minded artists. Additional activities include:
- shop at Traders' Tables. Members can apply for a Trader's Table, to sell their goods and retain their own profits, each Trader makes a donation to ATASDA's lucky door prize
- become aware of how ATASDA functions and engage with decision-making in their Branch. Input from all members is welcome
- expand your knowledge in a range of areas with the input of quarterly guest speakers on topics related to art practice.
NSW Social days
Social days are less structured than Branch meetings, with the focus on connecting with other members and textile enthusiasts in a social setting. Activities include:
- Usually a short focused activity, such as a demonstration of techniques or skills.
- Members may bring along items to swap, sell or donate.
- Occasional working bees are held before exhibitions or for specific projects. Involvement in these activities is optional.
- Sometimes members would just like time to chat and do their own thing, working on their current artwork.